Endoscopic ultrasonographic (EUS):
More than 500 examinations per year is done in this unit. The EUS examination is done by single endosonographer.both diagnostic and therapeutic measures is done in this unit.
Diagnostic procedures include:
- Localization and staging of esophageal, gastric, duodenal, pancreatic, ampullary, gall bladder, biliary, hepatic and rectal tumors.
- Localization of any suspected upper abdominal masses or lesions not detected by abdominal U/S or CT scan.
- Detection of suspected biliary stones not visualized by abdominal U/S.
- EUS guided FNA of any suspected lesion.
Therapeutic procedures include:
- EUS guided celiac plexsus neurolysis to relieve the sever abdominal pain associated with pancreatic tumor or advance gastric malignancy.